Histories of The General Baptist Churches -
of the
Union Association 1953


Union Grove Church was organizec by Rev. T. L. Hankins and Rev. W. A. Miller in 1895 with fifteen charter members, of which number only one is living at present.

They erected a church building, which was dedicated June 27, 1897, the dedication sermon being preached by Rev. W. A. Miller. The first pastor was Rev. T. L. Hankins. Pastors since have been:
  1. Rev. w. A. Miller
  2. Rev. W. S. Brackett
  3. Rev. W. C. Lamb
  4. Rev. W. W. Oakley
  5. Rev. J. W. Sipes
  6. Rev. J. C. Brackett
  7. Rev. Rufus Little
  8. Rev. W. Williams
  9. Rev. J. L. Dills
  10. Rev. Abe Rich
  11. Rev. Henry Jordan
  12. Rev. W. E. Teague
  13. Rev. J. C. Gary
  14. Rev. Dallas Little
  15. Rev. J. E. Samples

the clerks have been:
the Rev. Willie Walker is a member of this church. The church has entertained the Ministers and Deacons Meeting twice.

* - Source - History of Union Association of General Baptist 1840 - 1953
M.D. Mc Donald

Return to: Memorial Biographies of General Baptist Ministers of Union Association

Stop By and Visit:

Webster County ALHN Home Page


Graphics by
Cresswell Graphics
This space generously provided by logo Automated Link Service Courtesy of

Betty Sellers/Mt. Vernon, In.