Mt. Olivet General Baptist Church was organized October 9, 1946, at the home of Mr. and Mrs. W. H. Clift, by Rev. W. W. Oakley, Rev. O. L. Duncan and Rev. C. A. Travis.
Nine members went into the organization, and they chose Rev. O. L. Duncan as their pastor, and Mrs. gene Humble as clerk. Other pastors have been Rev. Claude Threlkeld, Rev. C. A. Travis and rev. J. W. Williams. Other clerks have been Mrs. James Tincher, Mrs. Thomas Sharp, Miss Barbara Holoman.
when the church was dedicated on July 20,1 952, the Rev. Claude Threlkeld preached the dedication sermon and Rev. J. W. Williams prayed the dedication prayer. At present time there are 28 members, and they have services twice each month. They have 89 enrolled in Sunday School.
||This space generously provided by||Automated Link Service Courtesy of|