Gum Grove General Baptist church, three miles north of Providence, Ky., was organized after a series of prayer meetings had been held in the homes of the community. The organization took place in the home of Rev. Thomas Oakley with 19 members. Those taking part in the organization were Rev. Edd Oakley, Rev. Abe Rich, and Rev. W. M. Frisby.
The building was completed in 1939. It was dedicated debt-free in July, 1942. The dedication sermon was preached by Rev. Herman Capshaw.
The first pastor was Rev. H. E. Oakley.
The other pastors have been:
- Rev. O. L. Duncan
- Rev. Herman Capshaw
- Rev. Carroll Yarbrough
- Rev.. Ray Dorris
- Rev. Claude Threlkeld
They say that "The Lord has been wonderfully good to them, for which they are thankful."
||This space generously provided by||Automated Link Service Courtesy of|