Histories of The General Baptist Churches -
of the
Union Association 1953

This church was organized June 21, 1853. Land for the church building was deeded to the trustees by one Alfred Moore. The first church was a log building with only one window to the side. The next was a frame building, the third was destroyed by a tornado May 17, 1946, and has been replaced in 1949. This fourth building has a basement.

Their records start with March 4, 1894, and show the following who have pastored their church:


Two Ministers; and Deacons' meetings have been held with this church, and three Sunday School Conventions. The present membership is 53.

* - Source - History of Union Association of General Baptist 1840 - 1953
M.D. Mc Donald

Return to: Memorial Biographies of General Baptist Ministers of Union Association

Stop By and Visit:

Webster County ALHN Home Page


Graphics by
Cresswell Graphics
This space generously provided by logo Automated Link Service Courtesy of

Betty Sellers/Mt. Vernon, In.