CAVE SPRING CHURCH
The Cave Spring church was organized September 24, 1949. A group of non-denominational people had been worshipping at a small church near Repton, Ky., with Rev. Thomas Wilson pastoring this group. Under the leadership of Rev. Wilson this group decided to organize a General Baptist church, and this was done, with Rev. Wilson. Rev. Herman Capshaw, Rev. C. A. Travis perfecting the organization.
There were 18 charter members. They elected Rev. Thomas Wilson as their pastor, who served the church for the associational years of 1949-1950. Rev. Herman Capshaw was elected pastor, and served for the years 1950-51-1952.
The Rev. Alvin Childers was then elected pastor and at the present is serving the church in that capacity.
This church now has 22 members, and has 57 enrolled in Sunday School.
The church clerks have been Mrs. V. L. Drennan and Mrs. Eugene Simpson.
They have one minister who is a member of their church, the Rev. Dallas Little.