CARTER'S CHAPEL CHURCH
Carters Chapel Church was organized March 2, 1947, with eleven members. It was organized by Rev. O. L. Duncan and Rev. Lona Lutz. The Rev. Thomas Wilson was the first pastor, and since then they have had as pastors the Rev. Homer Oakley and Rev. W. W. Oakley.
The church clerks have been Mrs. Roy Robinson, Mrs. James Oliver, and Mrs. Jewell Carter. The Rev. Thomas Wilson is a member of this church.
The Sunday School and Christian
Endeavor Convention met with this church in the summer of 1952. Their present
membership is 26. It is located in the north section of Madisonville.
* - Source - History of Union Association of
General Baptist 1840 - 1953
M.D. Mc Donald