Photo Submitted by Bill Belt
To email Bill
Hunt's Dept. Store, Marion, Crittenden Co., Ky.
Hunt's Dept. Store, Main Street, Marion, Ky.
By: Brenda Travis Underdown
To email Brenda
Hunt's Department Store was located in this building from 1947 until 2004.
The store was owned and operated by R. C. Hamilton, his wife Louise, and son Mike.
It was a very popular and busy Department Store.
In 2004 the Hunt's had to relocated their store in another building on Main Street, and the new owner
Thom Hawthorne took charge on this building. Today this store is well known as the Marion Café.
This building was also the home of the Bigham Lodge Masonic for many years.
Now owner Thom Hawthorne has living quarters in the upper part of the building.
This is one of the most historic buildings on Main Street today and it is well maintained by its owner.
page by Peggy Gilkey
Back to Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb