Freeman Chapel C.M.E. Church
Located at Second and Virginia, 1950. Organized August of 1866, the group first met in the basement of the Ninth Street Methodist Church before building a church on the southeast corner of 11th and Liberty. The church was named in honor of steward Peter Freeman. The church pictured below was constructed 1923-1925. The first service held here on March 7, 1926.