Cedar Grove, now called Windy Hill, east of Oak Grove on West Fork of Red River. Built 1853-1855 by John H. Bowman, farmer and miller. Dr. Edward Rumsey, brother of steamboat inventor James Rumsey, built first house on this site and mill nearby. Original construction bills relate house cost $3,724.98.
Home later owned by Sallie Barker Logan whose husband, Benjamin, was last mill operator.
Present owner, Mrs. Hugh Hunter and her late husband bought landmark from Judge Frank Rives in 1939.