Spillman Chapel Church
312 North Donivan Street, Princeton, Ky.
Spillman Chapel Christian Methodist Episcopal Church is one of Princeton's oldest and most historic churches.
The church was initally organized in 1879 by Bishop William H. Myles and began with 10 charter members.
In 1885 a church building was constructed on the Donivan Street lot. In 1931, an annex was added on to the
sanctuary, and in 1946, the building was reconstructed.
The Church is now in dire need of repairs and after contacting several places for the needed money and being turned
down, they are asking for help from the community.
The congregation of approximately 35 members, enters a building each Sunday morning that has a leaking roof,
a crumbling foundation, an out-of-service restroom and rotting floors.
Pictured above in front of the church are Glenn Rupert of the First Baptist Church who is joining Spillman Chapel
members Mamie Blakely, center who is the church's oldest member at 90 and Barbara Curry, the church treasurer.
Together they are calling out to the community for help in doing major, badly needed repairs for this old historic church.
A Spillman Chapel Church repair fund has been set up at the First Southern National Bank in Princeton, Ky.
Persons intersted in getting more information, volunteering by working or with funds may contact Martha Granger,
church pastor at 1-812-426-1157, Barbara Curry at 1-270-365-6565 or Glenn Ruppert at 1-270-388-5797.
Peggy Gilkey E-mail